Me Bowlling

Me Bowlling

Sunday 26 September 2010

1 year update

After leaving college after doing 6 year's, I left with my life being a mess, I was struggleing to cope and was alway's grumpy and  not happy, I had lot's meetings discussing what i shouldd do next.  It was  taking ages.  I signed my selff up on to a engilish course to help me with  my engilish and spelling at the learning centre.  i went for a couple of week's, I hated it, there was lot's of old people there and i was the only young one.  I did not like the tutor.  I did not find I was learning any thing or being helpped atall, I decided not to go know more. I haad more meeting's, it was decided that i would go on Cer Amdani project mencap to see if they can help me do a placement or help get a job.  I met Jane and became  my employmennt officer, she was realy nice and we both got on great.  we discussed my interests and hobby's, after a lot of thought it was decided that I would go to there office and do my placement there. I  was giving the job  of designing different thing's, news letters, making graphics, typeing and odd job's, The staff said they are going to set up a steering group and would I be chair, I said yes please, that sounds interesting.  I made lot's of freinds on the steering group.  We discussed lot's about disability/employment.  We had a couple of team building day's. blue lagoon swimming pool, meals, bowlling  and other day things.  I did my first aid course and passed also did my engilish speaking board exam and did it about gymnastics and I passed.  I went to a conference an launch and took part in talks and we did a interactive game.  After lot's of thing's, one or two bad thing's I made my mind up that I wonted to move on and not be chair or on Cer Amdani.  I decided that I had been on it for ages and needed to move on and have a go at something else.  I had lot's more meetings.  I have all way's wonted to go to a residential college were I would live there  and become independant and learn all the skills I will need to live on my own in the future.  I had talked about it for year's, just  had to find the right place for me.  I went on a 6 week residential accessment college queen alexander college in birmingham, I was told I would go there for 6 week's and live there and not come home tile after the 6 week's, mum, dad and I went and  had a look at the place and get all the informations I needed, they told us that I would have  to come home on a  thursday and go back on a sunday.  At first it made me think do i wont to do this.   At that point I had not been passed Cardiff on the train on my own.  Mum  and dad said that they wont be able to collect me every week  as it is  a long  way.  We had a couple week's before I went so we had time to plan how I would get there and home.  The first day I went mum and dad dropped me.  My hostel I stayed at was called marry badger. Made lot's of freinds in the hostel, one or two I did not get on with and  we kept classing and argueing.  I was nnot  enjoying my selff and I did not like my course at all.  I was catching th train home an a thursday with train assitants as I had to do changes.  On a sunday I went on national express coach as it was easier.  While I wwas away at college I was home sick and not feeling to well, I had bbad new's while I was away, my dog alfie who I loved very much had passed away, i was very sad and upset and because I was not home it was very hard for me.  After my six weeks at queen alexander college I had a meeting to dicuss about my time away at college, the staff had said that I was not ready to go away because of one or two isses which I realy dont wont to talk about.  I  understood after a  while  that I messed up big time.  I went on to a ten week peer advocacy course were I learnt how to be a peer adcocate.  I enjoyed doing this course.  I had a couple month's to change and  be a new me.  I am now the new me.  I amso happy I have changed and I am not going back.  I went on to the orgisation called coast.  I new my job employer Barny as he used to work with us in youth forum.  we discussed my inteerests andd it was decided that one day a week on a tuesday for a couple of hours I would work in the coast office.  I was given the job of designing the new leaflet and started doing work on the caralogue and other od jobs, I was doing this for ages.  At the end they were  struggleing to find me more jobs, the staff was pleased with me and liked all my work, I was going to go on and do an ECDL course as most computer jobs look for that as a good qualification on the CV, I had done part of it in college but did not pass.  I was waiting  to her about when  I was going to start.  I  had to have a meeting with barny and he discussed that coast has a traingingship paid job for 52 week's working at Scolton Manor, he asked me if i was interested, I thought very hard and decided this would be a good start for me, I had to fill job forms and all and I had to go for a interview.  I passed my iinterview and i was given the job.  I went and met the man who works at Scolton Manor and I had a look around and we discussed what my job would be.  It was decided that I would do two day's a week.  monday's and wednesday's, I will have a support worker.  I have started working at Scolton Manor.  I have done one week.  I am sharing the same office as the warden, my job is to recreat the information centre and update it.  I have stated designing a powerpoint about Scolton Manor and infromation centre.  i am enjoying my selfff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment